Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44286
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is complex professional level work involving the evaluation of patient disabilities, planning, and administration of physical therapy treatments. Incumbents complete documentation instruct patients and families and participate in clinical program development and management. Work is performed with all treatments being prescribed by a physician. Employees are expected to exercise initiative and discretion in formulating a program of treatments to meet the needs of individual patients. Work is reviewed and evaluated by physicians or therapist supervisors.
1. Administers physical therapy treatment in a variety of modalities. Therapy includes therapeutic exercise, gait training, balance activities, airway clearance techniques, soft tissue or joint mobilization, aquatics, orthotic fabrication and other techniques.
2. Consults regarding adaptive equipment needs and recommends ambulatory assistive devices, orthotics, wheelchairs, seating equipment, postural equipment and safety equipment. Teaches patient and family to use adaptive devices safely.
3. Documents physical therapy evaluation, re-evaluation and treatments in the medical record. Completes forms for treatment authorization, re-certification, etc. as required for insurance, referring physicians or others. Completes department records for billing and statistics.
4. Provides clinical supervision and teaching for physical therapy and physical therapist assistant students. Plans orientation, caseload and other learning activities and provides regular feedback and coaching to student. Completes formal evaluation of the student's performance.
5. Selects and performs the appropriate diagnostic tests to evaluate patients and to identify and assess problems for inculsion in the physical therapy treatment plan.
6. Sets treatment goals and devises a therapeutic treatment plan for the patient. Evaluates and adjusts treatment plan in response to the patient's changing condition, prognosis and discharge plans.
● Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
● - Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
● - BLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience as a licensed Physical Therapist, including one (1) year in the specialty field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Orange Home Health Phy Ther
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.