Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 42205
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees day-to-day activities of assigned programs. Responsibilities include planning and administration, managing financial development, monitoring and reporting program progress to ensure fulfillment of the program objectives.
1. Analysis: Analyzes and resolves complex issues to maximize efficiency. Ensures all proper internal controls are in place to safeguard assets of the system and satisfies internal and external regulatory requirements. Develops and monitors operating and capital budget.
2. Communication and Relationships: Works with peers to identify and analyze opportunities for improvement. Implements processes to identify, develop, and ensure standardization decisions occur with minimal disruption to patient care or administrative activities and creating solutions.
3. Supervisory: Supervises team of program staff members. Manages program team project portfolio and maintains productive relationships with program sponsors and key stakeholders.
4. Financial and Business Planning: Provides analytical and strategy support for the assigned program. Performs analytics, provides business insight into implications of findings, develops business plans, and recommends opportunities for improvement.
5. Program Administration: Plan, coordinate, and administer activities of assigned program to include developing, implementing, and administering related procedures, processes, services, and systems.
6. Strategic Planning: Interface with units and teams within the organization to effectively communicate strategies, successfully elicit support, and provide assistance implementing those strategies.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of program/project management experience.If Master's degree, three (3) years of program/project management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNC P&A Surg Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.