Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 43351
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Works in collaboration with leadership in an assigned department to ensure the work is accomplished effectively. Provides leadership in the absence of the Manager and supports the departmental operations by ensuring scheduling needs are acting as resource and champion on a daily basis. In addition to demonstrating leadership, serves as a resource, hospital-wide consultant to staff, and participates in endeavors to increase leadership experience.
1. Keeps Manager informed of operational issues.
2. Maintains staffing efficiency through adhering to staffing benchmarks by creating, managing, and maintaining departmental schedule.
3. Supports staff by serving as subject matter expert related to operations.
4. Consistently demonstrates support for Manager and team. Supports the manager in preparation and delivery of staff meetings as directed.
5. Provides clear, consistent communications regarding team and departmental activities and initiatives.
6. Provides support and mentoring for the team and others.
7. Participates in interviewing and selection of new hires per manager direction.
8. Assists with performance management through the development and documentation of peer evaluations.
9. Participates in team/department specific quality improvement projects.
10. Assists with reporting, documentation, investigation and follow-up of variances as directed by management team.
11. Provides mediation and leadership to manage patient concerns.
12. Participates in the budget development process.
13. Completes and reviews audits via electronic medical record and other sources as directed.
14. Assists Manager with Carolina Care initiatives as directed.
15. Assists with regulatory reviews and surveys as needed.
● Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education;
● Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● If hired after October 1, 2015 must be enrolled in an accredited program within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor's degree with a major in Nursing or a Master's degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
● If a Master's degree in Social work, no licensure or certification is required.
● If graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing, must be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Master's degree in Social Work, requires two (2) years of medical care management experience as a Social Worker.
● If a Registered Nurse, requires two (2) years of health care experience as an RN.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other staff. High level of interpersonal skills and organizational abilities. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions. Ability to deal with difficult situations and fast paced environment.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Case Management Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.