Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 43175
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Supply Chain Category Manager is responsible for facilitating the system wide value analysis process with the goal of providing high quality, safe, patient-centered and cost effective products, services and technology. The Supply Chain Category Manager will provide clinical and strategic expertise that facilitates supply expense management while continuously improving quality, safety and satisfaction, through clinical engagement.
1. Value Analysis- Works strategically and tactically to identify, analyze, decide and implement best practices and expense management initiatives. Devise long-term development strategies for product categories. Proactively reports and communicates any opportunities that may exist for improvement within clinical and business systems. Responsible for the monitoring value analysis initiatives through various information systems and tools. Responsible for validating assumptions using “evidence-based” clinical research when appropriate. Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products when necessary.
2. Value Analysis Education- Serves as a facilitator and primary educator of the health care system Supply Chain value analysis process.
3. Relationship Building- Builds relationships with other functional experts and stakeholders within the health system including Clinical staff, Material Management Information Systems (MMIS) Information Services Division (ISD) Clinical system, and other business and clinical application owners. Foster trusted relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years’ experience in a clinical setting experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● •Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor the message to the audience including both oral and written formats.
•Develop Value Analysis committees and sub-committees by leveraging category knowledge and leadership skills.
•Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into insight: ability to interact with various stakeholders to glean understanding.
•Strong ability to create “cost benefit” or “ROI” reports and financial feasibility studies, as well as ability to analyze complex operational and financial scenarios to render solutions that meet the customers’ desired outcomes.
•Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with physician and clinical staff
•Ability to build relationships, credibility and influence: facilitates working sessions with large and small internal teams and external stakeholders.
•Demonstrated ability as a project manager who can prioritize workload and manage complex projects that can grow in scope.
•Ability to manage change processes cross-functionally.
•Ensure supplier relationship management by taking supplier development and management actions.
•Able to present key sourcing strategies to various teams, committees and senior leaders.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Sourcing and Contracting
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.