Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44598
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Coordinates the clinical continuum of care for patients receiving a variety of invasive procedure services (to include Cath Lab, EP, IR, CVOR, Heart and Vascular, etc.) by assisting with appointment scheduling, follow-up care and treatment as well as referral as needed. Assuring department is productive, efficient, and effective in operational methods.
1. Evaluates and monitors staff work performance for high quality, accuracy and completeness and adherence to departmental policies and procedures. Communicates information to the Manager/Director.
2. Adheres to and assists staff with adherence to departmental PACS policies and procedures. Maintains working knowledge of hospital information system and Radiology Information System to verify that procedures are appropriately ordered and/or billed.
3. Performs procedures as needed. Consistently performs high quality work.
4. Maintains proper staffing by overseeing staff schedule and approved time off, and performs time keeping duties. Communicates staffing, patient scheduling, and attendance issues to the Manager.
5. Coordinates staff rotation to all areas ensuring variation to maintain staff competency. Monitors staff competencies and reports findings to the Manager.
6. Maintains equipment and rooms in good operating condition. Troubleshoots equipment problems and contacts service for repairs. Coordinates service to minimize room down time. Reports equipment problems to Management.
7. Maintains inventory and coordinates purchase of supplies and equipment. Monitors supply usage and costs. Acts as a Liaison between the various vendors, physicians, and Management. Arranges Vendor visits. Works with Vendors and Management, and Purchasing to achieve high quality, low cost supplies. Makes recommendations to Management team concerning budgets. Resource management ensuring appropriate staffing and equipment.
8. Assists Medical Director in establishing protocols. Assists Manager in establishing policies and procedures.
9. Coordinates invasive procedure services in the hospital. Coordinates services provided by Radiologists, Cardiologists, CT surgeons, Neuroendovascular, and Vascular Surgeons in procedure rooms. Makes recommendations to Management.
10. Complies with departmental, hospital, and regulatory policies and procedures.
11. Leads lab and team members in providing state of the art services and care of the highest quality. Instrumental in keeping up to date on new technologies and standards on a national level. Integrates findings into lab practices.
12. Coordinates work of technical staff to include: interviewing and training of staff, planning, assigning, directing and prioritizing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides input regarding employee performance. Educates, assists and oversees students.
13. Participates in call as determined by department manager.
14. Ensures that perfomance improvement projects/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
15. Performs a variety of quality management activities to ensure that quality expectations and regulatory requirements are met. Ensures unit compliance to safety, environmental, and infection control standards for UNC Rex
16. Participates on a department or system council.
17. Promotes a culture of safety, diversity and fostors a positive learning environment.
18. Facilitates and promotes cross training to cover service line needs.
● Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree, or certificate from an accredited school in Radiology Technology.
● Must meet requirements as outlined by MQSA.
● ARRT or RN license. NCDL, ACLS, BLS, advanced certification/registry
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least two years previous related experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Invasive Heart & Vascular
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.