Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44404
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Senior Strategy Consultant plays a key role in assessing strategic business development opportunities, leading cross-cutting system initiatives, and supporting the development of UNC Health Care's strategic plan and vision. This position plays a key role in serving as a Strategy liaison to clinical service line leadership and will interact frequently with system leaders at all levels of the organization.
1. Communication and Building Relationships - Acts as a key liaison between executives, hospital administrators and clinical leaders, and ensures a tight linkage between the organization's efforts and its strategic goals. Serves as a key champion of the organization's strategic priorities to internal constituents through formal and informal communications.
2. Financial and business planning - Provides analytical and strategy support for the evaluation of strategic opportunities. Performs analytics, provides business insight into implications of findings, develops business plans, and serves as a key champion for recommended opportunities.
3. Project management - Provides project leadership for strategic initiatives. Defines projects, develops project plans, and sets priorities for working teams. Uses foresight to keep projects focused and on track. Plans and facilitates meetings.
4. Strategic planning - Provides analytical support for the strategic planning process including evaluating environmental trends, assessing core capabilities, competitor profiling, and completing gap analyses. Synthesizes findings to derive important business insights.
● Master's degree or Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Master's degree: Three (3) years of relevant experience (e.g., finance, banking, business development, private equity, strategy or consulting) or one (1) year at a top tier consulting firm with one (1) year of relevant experience.
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years of relevant experience (e.g., finance, banking, business development, private equity, strategy or consulting) or two (2) years at a top tier consulting firm.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, relationship building and communication skills. Ability to function with limited guidance and be comfortable working on projects alone or leading more junior team members.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Strategic Planning
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.