Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 45108
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This Position performs and teaches diagnostic procedures in the field of Nuclear Medicine. Specifically, this position administers radiopharmaceuticals, operates highly technical instruments, and analyzes the acquired data. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist works under the direct supervision of the Nuclear Medicine Supervisor and takes direction as well from the Nuclear Medicine physicians.
Hours: Sunday: 700a- 430p, Monday: 1030-8p, Tuesday 8a – 530p, Wednesday 1030a-8p
1. Administration & Record of Radiopharmaceutical: Identifies each patient, confirms date of birth, hospital number and identification. Achieves venous access and administers radiopharmaceutical. Records route of administration, dose and technologist's initials.
2. Describes exam to patient, obtains informed consent, completes necessary paperwork for study input of patient information into radiology management system for record keeping and charge generation.
3. Evaluates requisition, chart, and lab results. Performs patient assessment. Identifies patient. Confirms females of childbearing age are not pregnant. Arranges for pregnancy testing upon orders from the Nuclear Medicine physician.
4. May performs advanced duties such as found in Positron Emission Technology (PET) imaging and/or lead technologist role
5. Radiopharmaceutical Handling ? receipt of radiopharmaceuticals, proper documentation and proper disposal. Follows guidelines set up by Radiation Safety Office and NRC
6. Radiopharmaceutical selection, dosage and quality control review, assuring each dose to be administered is correct for the ordered procedure, correct activity, acceptable quality control, and properly recorded in the dose records
7. Set up acquisition and performs according to protocol, maintains patient comfort, care, and safety. Analyzes images and evaluates for correctness. Processes films and submits to physician for approval.
8. Uses RIS, CIS, SMS and PACS to generate proper documentation.. Completes all RIS orders with the appropriate and accurate charges added. Uses transport tracking system to arrange transportation of inpatients to and from NM department.
● Graduation from an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program.
● Registered as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Nuclear Medicine
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.