Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45883
Location: Knightdale, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Wellness Center Lifeguard ensures the safety of all members using the Knightdale Wellness Center aquatics facility. Maintains equipment and cleanliness of the facility.
1. Answers questions and responds to requests from members regarding aquatics facility and services
2. Maintains the cleanliness of the swimming pool by completing tasks as outlined in the daily cleaning checklist, vacuuming the pool bottom, cleaning gutters, eliminating puddles on the pool deck and picking up any trash. Ensures the pool and whirlpool are maintained at the proper temperatures and depth, chlorine and pH levels.
3. Monitors all users of the pool to ensure safety and prevent drowning. When necessary, administers first aid, perform a water rescue, and/or administer CPR if necessary. Enforces all pool rules, health regulations and Center policies
● None required.
● Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
● American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior experience working with consumers with special needs such as arthritis, heart disease, and physical injuries or handicaps.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Wellness Center Knightdale
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 12.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Knightdale
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary per hour: $15.00 - $18.62 (minimum - midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.