Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 45074
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This Clinic Manager is responsible for all budget, purchasing, personnel, compliance and facilities planning and administrative functions at the clinical practice level. Incumbents directly or indirectly supervise the non-medical employees in the assigned clinic, and share in the supervision of the nursing staff. This position is the highest administrative position within the clinic setting and serves as a management team member with the clinic medical director and clinic nursing director
1. Monitors quality of work product for work unit/sector. Leads in change efforts for improvement in work quality. Aligns work unit goals with organizational strategic direction. Participates in formation of strategic goals at the departmental level. Demonstrates corporate citizenship by participating in activities external to assigned work unit/departments. Demonstrates active support of organizational initiatives. Accesses and utilizes appropriate administrative/clinical/financial systems. Acquires and maintains quantitative skills for data analysis. Creates an educational environment conducive to learning.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Ensures that departmental goals match those of the organization and that resources are allocated to meet priorities. Establishes an environment that creates incentives for, and eliminates barriers to, a team environment. Articulates common goals and communicates how individual roles contribute to team success.
3. Leading Change - Proactively assesses the need for change and obtains resources to implement change initiatives. Communicates effectively and appropriately. Takes action to ensure that employees fully understand their roles, responsibilities and performance standards/expectations and provides ongoing feedback and support. Treats everyone in a manner that demonstrates fairness and consistency. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Participates in decision making that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Consistently conveys that customers are the highest priority. Communicates in a manner that promotes and sustains customer satisfaction and encourages others to do the same. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor budgetary responsibilities.
● Master's degree or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Health Administration, Nursing or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Master's degree: Three (3) years of experience in a health care setting, including one (1) year of experience in a supervisory role.
● If a Bachelor's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in a health care setting, including one (1) year of experience in a supervisory role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Oncology New Patient Access
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.