Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 43155
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Proactively identifies and negotiates contract opportunities to leverage the buying power of UNC Health Care System to lower the cost of procurement of goods and services. Ensures that contracts meet all federal regulations and customer needs.
1. Lead collaborative teams from all parts of the UNCHC system and its affiliates to analyze spend, develop actionable sourcing strategies and implement those strategies within a given category or categories.
2. In conjunction with the Value Analysis team, understand and monitor current commodity market conditions/trends, developing technologies, supply chain capacity/ capability, product knowledge, customer requirements, total commodity spend and supply/demand challenges.
3. Through the management of a cross-functional team and sourcing process, guide the selection, development, and management of strategic suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals.
4. Develop and implement sourcing driven spend management strategies, including supplier assessments and rationalization, negotiation for best total cost of ownership, make vs. buy analyses, vendor managed inventories, inventory reduction programs, cycle time improvements, security of supply, supplier diversity, continuous improvement, EDI, and procurement/engineering collaboration
5. Lead negotiation and completion of contracts with strategic and preferred suppliers to maximize benefits across UNCHC and its affiliates. Establish a strong network and foster collaboration with customers, suppliers, key stakeholders and team members.
6. Implement a rigorous and disciplined process for managing the supply base including leading periodic business reviews, monitoring and managing supplier performance (quality, cost, delivery, technology, service, and leadership), managing supplier relationships, in addition to developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of sourcing and/or category commodity management experience with demonstrated negotiation capabilities and a strong understanding of the legalities of purchasing.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● •Demonstrated ability to work with all levels and functional groups within and outside an organization, including a Corporate Legal Department. •Ability to interact, collaborate and lead teams that encompass all levels of management/responsibility within or outside the UNCHC system •Excellent analytic, problem solving, team building, contract and project management, strategic planning, and change management skills, with a strong understanding of general finance and make/buy analysis
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Sourcing and Contracting
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.