Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 45825
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is eligible for our Clinical Laboratory Incentive Program which includes your choice of $10,000 Tuition Loan Forgiveness or $10,000 Commitment Incentive. To learn more on the incentive program guidelines and eligible positions, visit https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/lab-incentive-program?bid=12881Performs a variety of patient testing and administrative tasks in support of the clinical activities in the UNCHCS.
1. Investigates problems with equipment, test results, specimens, and/or workflow.
2. May participate on teams or perform special projects/assignments.
3. May perform teaching of Clinical Laboratory Science students and Pathology residents and training of new employees. May serve as a technical resource.
4. Performs quality control and equipment maintenance in the appropriate laboratory.
5. Performs routine and less standardized test procedures which includes special chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory tests. Observes tests and reactions and provides data.
6. Prepares specimens and reagents, solutions, heat, or filters as required.
7. Reports results to healthcare providers. Consults/confers with health care providers regarding test results.
8. Reviews test results to ensure accuracy of report and timely correction of errors.
● Requires Bachelor's of Science degree. Must meet eligibility requirements upon hire to sit for MT exam within 12 months of hire.
● Must become MLS/MT (ASCP), MT (NCA), or MT (AMT) certified within 12 months of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Transfusion Medicine Service
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.