Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44334
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC Medical Center Department of Pharmacy seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Pharmacy, Adult Acute and Ambulatory Clinical Services. This position will provide oversight and support for the delivery of high quality clinical pharmacy services across all non-oncology adult populations. Through a commitment to advanced pharmacy practice, education, research and leadership, this individual will be responsible for aligning the work of clinical pharmacy teams to the overall mission and vision for the department of pharmacy. The Pharmacy Department has a strong focus on the development of a culture of inclusion, diversity, and well-being in an effort to delivery safe, effective, and team-driven strategies to optimize care.
1. Collaborates with the Pharmacy Director, other Managers, Leaders, Supervisors, Staff and customers to establish pharmacy department multi-year strategic goals and plans that will align with the strategic plan for the organization. Assist the Director in planning, budgeting and justifying the capital equipment, operating, and human resources requirements needed to accomplish the goals within the responsibility areas. Develop, implement and report on quality, safety, financial and customer service measures within the assigned areas of responsibility.
2. Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Ensures that departmental goals within scope match those of the organization and department. Subsequently responsible for appropriate resource allocation to meet these goals. Establishes a team environment. Builds and maintains relationships that are anchored in trust and shared decision making. Leads self and others to grow.
3. Proactively assesses the need for change and obtains resources to implement change initiatives. Communicates effectively and appropriately. Takes action to ensure that employees within their scope have the infrastructure to fully understand their roles, responsibilities and performance standards/expectations and provides ongoing feedback and support. Treats everyone in a manner that demonstrates fairness and consistency. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Participates in decision making that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Consistently conveys that customers are the highest priority. Communicates in a manner that promotes and sustains customer satisfaction and encourages others to do the same. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor budgetary responsibilities.
5. Evaluates and addresses personnel resource needs, retention of staff and training needs to provide a consistently trained and available staff to programmatically deliver quality patient care and meet departmental goals.
6. Teaches students, residents and new pharmacy staff and participates in scholarly activities.
7. Ensures and audits compliance with federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
8. Responsible for ensuring enforcement of all applicable policies, standards and regulations related to Medication Safety, Medication Management and AR&L (Accreditation, Regulatory and Licensing) within areas of responsibility.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required. Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Health Services, Business Administration, or related field is desired.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five years of pharmacist experience or equivalent, three of which must be pharmacy supervisory experience. PGY2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration & Leadership (HSPAL) residency will count as relevant supervisory experience for Pharmacy leadership positions
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.