Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45275
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Full time M-F day shift; flexible scheduling options available
Responsible for workflow in patient care area. The Clinical Coordinator will triage patients and assign to proper provider as well as provide direct and indirect patient care during assigned work period, including assisting physicians in examining the patient. The Clinical Coordinator will plan, implement and evaluate care according to approved polices and procedures. This position will supervise clinical staff, make clinical staff schedules and help with training of clinical staff. This position works with other members of the Physician Practice care team to coordinate care to meet patient's needs.
1. Responsible for clinical operations of the physician practice.
2. Works closely with physicians, practice manager and staff to optimize workflow efficiency, maintaining quality assurance in a physician practice.
3. Assists Practice Manager in monitoring and adjusting clinical staffing needs to meet patient demand? implements clinical schedule for the practice.
4. Provides constructive feedback to practice manager and medical staff regarding performance of clinic operations.
5. Triages medical phone questions and walk-in/urgent care patients.
6. Keeps work flow on time and assures appropriate patient arrangements.
7. Maintains inventory of medical supplies including pharmaceuticals and emergency drug supplies.
8. Works closely with practice manager in resolving operational and personnel issues.
9. Monitors quality, compliance, and operational standards in the physician clinics.
10. Ensures implementation and adherence to consistent operating policies and procedures within the physician practice.Ensures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements related to Joint Commission, HIPAA, OSHA, and other applicable standards.Reviews patient satisfaction surveys and works in coordination with practice manager to implement corrective action as needed.Assists in all levels of clinic patient care.Assesses the patient and family needs, collecting health status data and identifying patient problems.Documents pertinent patient information accurately and in a timely manner.
● Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
● BLS certification required. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of progressive experience in related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Diagnostic Cardiac Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.