Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 46894
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
With a solid understanding of the operations, business practices, strategies, and goals of the system, this position is responsible for providing executive level support to UNC Health Care System’s Executive Suite (CEO/Dean’s Office). This role oversees the planning, coordinating, and directing of activities associated with the overall operation of the assigned Executive Council member(s). This role exercises discretion and independent judgment in matters of importance and ensures the general operations of the Executive Council member are functioning efficiently and at maximum capacity. This position is also responsible for supervising additional administrative support staff.
• Develops operating procedures and systems to ensure effective and efficient operations.
• Provides supervision and general project management for a wide range of special projects or assignments that are highly sensitive or complex in nature, requiring a high level of independence and initiative in execution and implementation. Collaborates with other team members in the planning, development, and execution of internal and external projects, including communications and presentations.
• Ensures alignment with organization policy and defined regulations through the effective management of complex meeting schedules, offsite travel, meeting agendas, and presentations.
• Provides complex research and analysis to prepare briefing materials for the Executive Council member.
• Responds to non-routine inquiries regarding system operations, policies, and procedures. Forward situations and issues to the appropriate staff members for resolution.
• Makes high-level contacts and communications of a sensitive nature regarding non-routine issues internally and externally requiring a high degree of discretion, diplomacy, and time sensitivity.
• Assist the Secretary to the UNC Health Care Board of Directors with the planning and preparations for the HCS Board meetings. May be assigned to one of the specific standing committees of the HCS Board as lead administrative staff, reporting to the Secretary of the UNC Health Care Board of Directors.
• This position carries out managing each of the Search Committees that are responsible for the identification and recruitment of each new leader for the School of Medicine and Health Care System Senior Leadership.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field. Master's degree preferred.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of administrative or project management support at the senior executive level.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Core-Competencies: ability to manage sensitive and confidential information at the highest standards, Communication Skills, Customer Focus, Interpersonal Skills, Functional & Technical Expertise.
● Ability to work autonomously and with senior executive and c-suite leaders. Strong Execution Mind-set. Very organized, process orientation. Bias towards action and sense of urgency. Focus on continuous improvement. Enjoys and takes pride in organizing and prioritizing multiple work streams.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNC HCS Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.