Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44752
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides safe transport and delivers patient care requiring advanced skill and judgement in the pre-hospital, hospital, and aviation setting.
This is a per diem position with flexible scheduling, rotating 12-hour shifts. Expected availability to work 1-12 hour shift every 2 weeks as well as various holidays. There are no benefits offered with the per diem position.
1. Assists in providing a safe environment essential to the well being of individuals in the medical transport environment ensures universal precautions are taken, and air and ground safety procedures are followed.
2. Assists QA/CQI committee in obtaining data for evaluation of department service safety operations.
3. Collects, documents, and reports assessment data and documents interventions and patient response to treatment and care. Completes approved forms in accordance with established guidelines. Follows standardized format in completing documents.
4. Functions autonomously as a member of the department's leadership team. Performs special projects and other duties as assigned. Completes additional assignments with minimal direction.
5. Monitors patient condition during transport to provide optimal stabilization.
6. Operates various medical and mechanical equipment in the pre-hospital, hospital, and aviation environment. Ensures that medical equipment is functional and operational during transport. Restocks supplies as needed and, notifies staff of needed equipment repairs.
7. Oversees and coordinates all aspects of operation maintenance documentation design, trouble shooting of the services ground ambulance fleet. Maintains required records to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and accreditation requirements. Responds to needs of EMT Driver staff with issue related to maintenance and operation of the ground ambulance fleet. Works with department safety and equipment committee for coordination of onboard medical equipment.
8. Participates in the planning of care for patients who are critically injured or acutely ill and require transport from an accident scene or referring institutions.
9. Provides feedback to nurse managers related to performance of EMT Drivers. Works with Clinical Manager to meet needs of EMT Drivers for required education and certifications job training. Works with Operations Manager in scheduling EMT driver operations issues or concerns, offers input for annual evaluations of the EMT Drivers.
● High School diploma or GED
● North Carolina EMT-Paramedic certification
● Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
● PHTLS Certification - Prehospital Trauma Life Support or ITLS Certification - International Trauma Life Support
● Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
● Valid NC driver's license
● Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of Paramedic experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: RDU Ground
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 6.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.