Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 46543
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC REX Critical Care Transport has 10 trucks that provide Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support and Critical Care transports across eastern North Carolina. The BLS transports are accomplished with a team of two EMT’s, our ALS transports have a crew of an EMT and a Paramedic or a Registered Nurse, and our Critical Care Transports have a crew configuration of an EMT, Paramedic, and a Registered Nurse. We provide transports of patients moving from hospitals to rehabilitation facilities to critically ill patients in the region with complex medical conditions requiring ventilator support and other advanced therapies such as balloon pumps and LVADs. As a busy inter-facility transport team, REX Critical Care Transport includes an impressive fleet of vehicles and transports on average 600 patients each month.
UNC REX Critical Care Transport services work closely with neurologists, pulmonologists, emergency physicians, hospitalists, intensivists and cardiologists to provide a continuum of care between referring facilities and UNC REX Hospital. Our transport services include Specialty Care Transport (SCT) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) transportation to and from UNC REX Hospital, UNC Hospitals, affiliates and other regional facilities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our CCT teams consist of an EMT, a Critical Care Paramedic and a Critical Care Nurse who are specialty trained and equipped to manage patients suffering from cardiac arrest, STEMI, CVA, respiratory failure, sepsis, trauma, high-risk obstetrical, pediatrics and other critical patients.
Critical care ambulances strategically split coverage between the Raleigh and Smithfield bases and will also serve the Holly Springs area Fall 2021.
The EMT/Paramedic Critical Care Transport position requires the Paramedic to transfer injured or critically ill patients between hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Ability to adapt to new skills and information is essential to succeed in this role. Critical thinking skills are a must. This position is physically and intellectually demanding. It is essential that Paramedics in this capacity are comfortable with providing out-of-hospital care and willing to learn new skills to facilitate the transfer of patients.
1. EDUCATION - Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self. Attends education programs based on identified learning needs. With assistance, uses patient education materials relevant to patient population. Assesses developmental level of patient and factors affecting ability to learn.
2. EVALUATION OF CARE - Identifies expected patient outcomes. Seeks guidance as needed in revision of plan of care. Participates in discussion with members of the interdisciplinary team in evaluation of patient care. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
3. IMPLEMENTATION - Demonstrates competence in care of patients with complex problems, including population-appropriate physical, psychosocial, educational and safety aspects of care. Utilizes healthcare organization and departmental, policies, protocols, and procedures in delivery of care. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues, and/or unusual teaching needs.
4. LEADERSHIP - With assistance, develops goals to promote professional growth or minimize limitations. Achieves goals and objectives within identified time frame or renegotiates with supervisor. Is knowledgeable about activities which facilitate intra/interdepartmental collaboration. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities. Effectively uses communication systems. participates in promoting cost-effective care. Gives feedback to co-workers. Is aware of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment. Promotes a safe, clean, and secure care environment for all.
5. PATIENT ASSESSMENT - Recognizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication to others. Assesses and anticipates care of individual patients.
6. PLANNING - Collaborates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care. Makes use of available multidisciplinary resources in planning care. Identifies and addresses cultural and ethnic issues in planning patient care. Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for patients with complex problems.
● High School Diploma or GED required/ Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Health Science or related field preferred.
● ACLS , BCLS , EMT-P , NCDL , PALS required.
● CCEMTP , NREMT-P preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Critical Care Transport
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.