Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 46538
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assists with patient transport, cleaning operating rooms, restocking supplies, and patient related duties under the supervision of a nurse/physician.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Completes patient related duties according to the individual need of the patient with full consideration of the patient's safety needs.
3. Assist with transport of patients to and from designated areas within the facility upon request to ensure patients arrive to surgical unit in a timely manner.
4. Cleans operating rooms, surgical bed equipment and accessories, and surroundings as needed. Uses appropriate cleaning solutions according the level of disinfection required.
5. Run specimen reports in HSM and cross reference with specimens to ensure all are accounted for before transporting to lab. Ensures specimens are taken to appropriate department within the lab. Transports specimens, supplies and materials to and from departments within the institution.
6. Restocks supply areas with the unit including blanket warmers and fluid warmers and ensure fluids are within date according to policy. Restocks phlebotomy trays to ensure correct number of vacutainer tubes and blood drawing supplies are at par level.
7. Assists at desk, answering phones, intercom and other duties as necessary.
8. Positions patient's safely under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Physician. Knows and practices safe positioning techniques according to case specific needs including prone positioning, holding patient in safe position for regional anesthesia, and lateral positioning.
9. Observes activity occurring in the unit and responds to needs appropriately.
10. Assemble and disassemble various bed attachments for surgical procedures such as various frames, beds, and surgical equipment. Must understand which accessories can and can not be used with the various surgical beds. Must know surgical bed set-up according to case specific needs and surgeon preference.
11. Practices aseptic technique by doning sterile gloves to eliminate contamination while lift arms and/or legs for an extended period of time to assist in preparation of surgical site.
The schedule for this position is: 3:30 pm - 12:00 am
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
● BCLS required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six months related experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate clinical information, technical procedures, and health care issues. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from adult learners.
● Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
● Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to implement critical thinking.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex MRI
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.