Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 46101
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position qualifies for a $3,000 commitment incentive, paid in six (6) installments over a three (3) year commitment. Payment is made after each six (6) month period of work completed. Learn more here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-medical-center-unc-faculty-physicians-outpatient-commitment-incentive-program
Administrative Associate needed for Children's Specialty Clinic in Raleigh
Responsible for patient check in/out and scheduling of follow-up appointments, among other assigned duties. Must be able to make patient/family needs your top priority.
This position is for a full-time Administrative Associate. We are able to offer flexible staffing consisting of 4 days/week (9 or 10-hour days) or 5 days/week (8-hour days). Start times can be flexible depending on chosen schedule - 7am, 7:30am, 8:00, or 8:30am. We can discuss your specific desires during the interview.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
May perform duties of an administrative representative but with greater autonomy and discretion. Work involves a greater knowledge of office/clinic procedures and practice, independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
1. Expedites non-routine purchases for departments as delegated. May maintain inventory of supply
2. May train others using verbal and written communication
3. Performs more complex scheduling of providers, staff, facilities, home care and/or patients (involving critical meetings or multiple medical procedures as an example). Coordinates meetings, workshops, and other events, including travel, based on predetermined needs.
4. Prepares and maintains basic financial records
5. Prepares complex forms, reports, presentations and other documents requiring a higher level of proficiency with software. Creates, proofreads or edits correspondence and documents for internal and external circulation based on existing templates.
6. Procuring and filing records, researching lost or missing records, and posting information to records or ledgers in accordance with established procedures and systems. Checks records to verify accuracy and compliance with rules and procedures of appropriate system. Resolves discrepancies by contacting appropriate office to obtain information on source of discrepancy and correcting any errors.
7. Registering patients and completing encounter forms. Collecting patient payments and insurance information and making proper referrals to financial departments. May contact insurance companies directly to verify/determine eligibility. May also verify previous balance owed to UNCH.
8. Represents UNCHCS with internal and/or external entities in regards to budget, payments, collections, inventory to accomplish organizational goals.
9. Serves as a second level of response to customer inquiries and complaints in person, by phone and/or electronic communication. This may include working with third party providers.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Bachelor's degree, no years of experience is required
● If Associate's degree, no years of experience is required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Childrens Clinic Support Svcs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.