Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 48191
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
***Both Medical Laboratory Tech and Medical Technologist welcomed to apply***
The Medical Laboratory Technician performs beginning level of patient testing and administrative tasks in support of the clinical activities in the UNCHCS.
1. Instructs patients in preparing for tests that require fasting. Answers patient questions regarding the tests.
2. Maintains equipment and investigates problems with equipment.
3. May assist in teaching Clinical Laboratory Science students and Pathology residents and training of new employees.
4. May monitor daily operation of laboratory section or work area.
5. May participate on teams or individually perform special projects/assignments.
6. Performs a variety of routine and standardized tests using standard techniques and equipment. Prepares specimens, resolves specimen problems, and performs analytical tests. Labels and stores specimens.
7. Prepares reagents and assists in the preparation of standard and control materials. Monitors levels of reagents and assists in maintaining supplies.
8. Records results of tests and maintains records. Provides test results, reporting deviations from the norm to supervisor or ordering physician.
● Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Technician, Chemical Science, or Biological Science.
● If Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Technician, then must be ASCP or AMT Board of Certification eligible and must receive BOC within a year.
● If Associate's degree in chemical or biological science, Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) or MLT (AMT) Board of Certification (BOC) required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● None required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Lab-Clinical
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 10.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $19.43 - $24.28 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.