Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 47109
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health is a large, academic medical center-based integrated delivery system comprised of fourteen hospitals, multiple ambulatory clinics and diagnostic and treatment centers throughout North Carolina. The Director of Food Services oversees the following areas: (i) Food Production at UNC Hospitals Medical Center, UNC Hospitals Hillsborough Hospital, Wakebrook Hospital, and Chatham Hospital (Triangle West Region), (ii) Patient Food Services at Ambulatory Care Center, Hillsborough Hospital, Wakebrook Hospital, and Chatham Hospital, (iii) Retail Operations affiliated with UNC Hospitals listed across 13 locations, (iv) Triangle West Region Food Commissary at Morrisville Campus.
This role has strategic, financial, and operational oversight of food service operations across the four campuses in the UNC Health Triangle West Region. The position reports to UNC Hospitals’ Vice President of Operations for Professional and Support Services. Responsibilities include strategic direction and planning, operational program planning and evaluation, day-to-day oversight of departmental functions, integration of programmatic elements and metrics across the Region and serves as the food services content expert and liaison with other entity, regional, and system nutrition and food service operational leaders.
1. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an
inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports
constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
2. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and
commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
3. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
4. Financial Stewardship- Develops and submits budgetary requests on or before stated deadlines. Monitors and analyzes budgetary trends. Implements strategies to increase revenue/decrease costs and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply and equipment resources. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure goals are achieved and/or meet budget projections.
5. Human Resource Stewardship/Management- Effectively recruits, selects, hires, coaches, and uses appropriate corrective actions with staff in accordance with UNC HCS policies and procedures. Creates an environment conducive to retaining staff. Provides staff with accurate annual performance feedback and the opportunity to set developmental goals. Conducts and documents regularly recurring staff meetings at which pertinent information such as policy and procedure changes are communicated. Encourages staff to celebrate successes, express concerns and identity opportunities for improvements. Implements strategies to improve employee satisfaction inclusive of strategies to involve employees in decision making.
6. Professional Development- Maintains familiarity with standards of appropriate discipline/professional work group. Seeks opportunities for professional growth. Attends required orientation prior to initiation of new systems. Participates in appropriate educational opportunities.
7. Provides Quality Services- Apply Lean concepts and tools to promote ownership of operational performance and reinforce continual improvement efforts. Identifies key customers and needs. Delivers safe, effective services. Analyzes sentinel events and errors and develops and implements strategies to address the conditions that contributed to these situations. Monitors unit(s) performance and ensures scores are showing improvement. Maintains accountability for annual competency assessment of staff. Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
8. Regulatory/Accreditation- Maintains familiarity with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Ensures work unit is in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Participates in activities designed to monitor and improve compliance.
● Bachelor's degree required.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Ten (10) years of relevant work experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Senior Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.