Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 48361
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 physicians by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with physicians, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable.
The Director Health Alliance Finance is a key member of the organization’s finance team, and provides day to day oversight for operational and strategic finance functions for UNC Health Alliance, UNC Health’s Clinically Integrated Network, Accountable Care Organization and Population Health Services Organization. Position is responsible for providing financial leadership and ensuring critical business functions are executed in accordance with system policies and standard accounting best practices. The position is also responsible for communicating key financial information to Health Alliance leadership and supporting other directors in the proficient management of their teams finances. The position is critical for strategic finance as it relates to modeling performance in Health Alliance’s Alternative Payment Model portfolio, interpreting impact of macroeconomic factors on Value and collaborating with other operational leaders in identifying opportunities for improved performance and executing on strategy to achieve those goals. This position reports to the Vice President and CFO of Health Alliance Finance and will provide day to day support to entity leaders and management where/when assigned.
1. Financial Leadership - Develops, evaluates, monitors and communicates financial objectives and metrics ensuring consistency and alignment with overall strategic goals and objectives. Supports senior management in the planning and implementation of new strategies and services that support the Health Alliance mission to deliver high quality, cost effective care and develop and expand a sustainable Value Contract Portfolio. Accountable for executing on the production of the annual operating budgets and producing monthly financial statements including analyses showing results in comparison to budget, historical performance and identifying trends. Serves as key advisor on financial management including revenue enhancement, contract performance improvement, and cost controls. Position is also accountable for proforma modeling for staffing, projecting, monitoring, and reporting on performance of Health Alliance Value Based contracts, and for ensuring timely and efficient operationalization of performance incentive distributions. Directly involved in interpreting macroeconomic factors within the healthcare landscape that affect Value-based care, and help ground Health Alliance strategy in fiscal feasibility. Will serve as lead staff for Payer Strategy and Finance board committee as well as the lead for the Health Alliance Finance workgroup.
2. Leading Change – Initiates and managed the change process, taking steps to remove barriers and accelerate the pace of change. Communicates a vision and need for change that generates excitement and enthusiasm, and commitment to the process, clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provide resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
3. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence and by promoting the organization's vision internally and externally. Delegates’ responsibility, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Leads in a deliberate and predictable way and operates with transparency. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Fosters a culture of safe and compassionate patient care. Makes well-informed, timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unfavorable results. Positions the organization for success by identifying new opportunities and builds the organization by developing and improving services. Leads the budgeting process. Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities, monitors expenditures in support of programs and policies, and identifies cost-effective approaches. Provides active leadership for the financial improvement of health system entities in partnership with the President/CEO, local leadership team and UNC Health Finance.
● Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field; Master’s Degree Preferred.
● No license or certification required; preference given to applicants with CPA licensure
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Ten (10) years of progressive healthcare, financial management and/or accounting experience, ideally gained in a multi-hospital system with at least five (5) years of management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: HA Central Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.