Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44871
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs technical and administrative work involving the maintenance of a database of information and fourth-generation language programming (e.g., Access) and serves as the main information systems liaison between the department, ISD, other staff, and external vendors or organizations, ensuring that the systems are maintained and updated to meet the needs of the organization.
1. Compiles, formats, and prepares reports using various software packages, which includes researching and gathering data from multiple sources. Merges data or links databases, develops complex queries to extrapolate statistics and data from the database for ad hoc reports. Develops programs or other production criteria to develop the data reports requested or coordinates with the computer production staff to schedule production.
2. Defines the data dictionary based on the needs identified and defined by the users for the design of the application. Maintains the data dictionary as needs change or enhancements are added to systems.
3. Defines the data report needs of the users in the department. Responds to requests for information or data from outside the department or hospital via report, telephone, email and fax.
4. Ensures upgrades to the system are made. Evaluates and tests new applications or enhancements.
5. May perform special projects or assignments.
6. May supervise staff or oversee data input.
7. Provides training and support to end users regarding data collection, input, and analysis and/or in the use of new or changing applications systems. Assists staff and serves as a resource for others.
8. Responsible for the administration and maintenance of a database. Manages all aspects of data collection, data verification, data quality assurance and analysis. Establishes policies and procedures regarding the administration of the database.
9. Serves as the liaison between the end users of the data and ISD, external vendors or organizations, and/or other departments. Troubleshoots and resolves problems/issues at the system and user level.
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of experience in data system management.
● If an Associate's degree: Five (5) years of experience in data system management.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Nine (9) years of experience in data system management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Centralized Credentialing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.