Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 47209
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Evaluates patients with substance use disorders, develops treatment plans and implements and manages those treatment plans. Maintains treatment plan records and develops and implements treatment programs.
1. Develops an individualized treatment plan incorporating individual counseling, group therapy, referral to outside organizations, Twelve-Step programs, and other counseling techniques, modalities and approaches. Provides individual, group and family therapy to patients. Facilitates group therapy sessions weekly.
2. Develops and implements resources and programs which enhance service delivery, or in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
3. Evaluates patients identified as having substance abuse disorders or who are dually diagnosed with comorbid psychiatric or medical conditions by using various diagnostic tools. Completes an assessment/evaluation and diagnostic summary assesses patient for the appropriate level of care and establish a plan for admission.
4. Implements and manages the treatment plan. Monitors the patient's program attendance, abstinence rates, progress and attendance at related appointments or referrals.
5. Keeps accurate record of patient activity, progress, discharge summary and aftercare plan. Ensures that all patient visits and services are properly coded and the charges are accurate.
6. Provides Substance Abuse education to Psychiatry residents
● Master's degree in Social Work (MSW).
● Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of social work or human services field.
● Licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) Or LCSW- Associate in the state of North Carolina AND licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist (LCAS) Or LCAS-Associate.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in Social Work.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must have knowledge about pharmacological treatment for addiction and/or other mental illness. Must also have knowledge of ASAM criteria and evidence based models utilized in the treatment of substance abuse disorders.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Alcohol & Substance Abuse
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.