Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 47746
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
6 East-Surgical Short Stay
6 East Surgical Short Stay is a 31 bed medical-surgical unit specializing in the care of the 24 hour stay surgical patient. The patient population is general surgery and post-interventional radiology recovery for renal biopsy recovery and uterine embolization. Patients on our unit may be recovering from many different types of surgery including but not limited to thyroidectomy, appendectomy, lumbar/cervical laminectomy and hernia repair. We also care for the overflow medical patient population. Our team developed a unique plan of care called the Road to Recovery that serves as a pathway to promote quality care in a safe efficient manner. The program has proven successful and was adopted by other units within our organization. Our team proudly presented the Road to Recovery program at a podium presentation at the National Magnet Conference in October 2019. We have participation in shared governance, a unit practice council, and self-scheduling.
Summary:Develops and maintains an efficient supply acquisition, storage and distribution system, supervising receipt of goods and planning appropriate stock and resources.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Generates purchase requisitions for all supplies for all locations, i.e. Purchasing, Storeroom, Stockless JIT vendor, Pharmacy, Lab and capital requests.
3. Performs cycle counts to ensure accurate on hand information in the materials management system.
4. Receives reports of defective products/equipment. React in a timely manner to pull any product that has been recalled and work closedly with the Services Coordinators and/or Purchasing to quickly find a substitute if needed.
5. Completes patient related duties according to the individual needs of the patient with full consideration of the patient's safety needs.
6. Prints the resource maps and picks tickets for the next days cases.
7. Assists in training staff to use of inventory forms and reource maps as applicable.
8. Develops and maintains an efficient supply acquisition, storage and distribution system. Maintains sufficient par levels.
9. Supervises receipt of goods purchased, verifies accuracy of received items against orders.
10. Communicates, effectively and timely, accurate information to Manager, Service Coordinators, Operations Manager, and Staff regarding the availability of supplies (back orders, substitutes, outages, etc.). Assists in determining acceptable substitutions/replacements when appropriate.
● High school diploma or equivalent and one year specialty training in Purchasing or Surgical Services, computer skills preferred.
● BCLS required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Pathways Materials Management experience preferred. Three months to 1 year experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex 6 East Short Stay Unit
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.