Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 46905
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides prompt, accurate service in the sales recording at point-of-service operations within UNC Hospitals. The position has significant direct contact with the public including hospital employees, medical staff, university students and the general public such as visitors, friends and family of patients.
1. Assists in the maintenance of vendor products through merchandising efforts and assists in the maintenance of customer support activities in the dining areas including but not limited to preparing and serving food, tray preparation, restocking, adding ice to soda machines, brewing/transfer of coffee, and cleaning/sanitizing kitchen equipment, utensils and work areas.
2. Follows all safety and security measures as prescribed in the handling of cash receipts and adheres to all departmental requirements for compliance with the hospitals Safety Department.
3. Maintains or enhances the self-esteem of customers during transactions and tolerates negative events when conflicting priorities are present. Communicates effectively with most age groups when dealing with the public.
4. Maintains the required cash handling standards set in the cashiers manual. Maintains the requirements for a sanitation grade A by enforcing proper sanitation practices.
5. Marginal job functions include 1) providing Daily, Weekly or Monthly cash register reports to the department as required through scheduling 2) compiling and maintaining the financial documents necessary for the audit of sales receipts in a timely manner.
6. Records sales in the proper manner, completing transactions by receipt of cash or approved meal tickets and by check from approved clients. Properly addresses and directs concerns and complaints brought to their attention by customers.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience as a cashier or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex FNS Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.