Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 47671
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Maintains patient safety by ensuring correct menu item selection in Computrition in compliance with physician prescribed Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT). Assists patients in ordering meals through the menu line for the At Your Service (AYS) ordering system by selecting correct menu items according to the individualized needs of the patient. Maintains accurate patient database information in Computrition by correctly inputting physician MNT orders. Correctly assembles and distributes patient supplements and enteral nutrition products.
1. Assists patients with menu selections, when needed, as part of AYS assuring compliance with physician prescribed MNT, according to the individualized needs of the patient with full consideration of patient safety.
2. Maintains patient database utilizing Epic and Computrition by correctly imputing physician MNT orders, patient allergy information, and patient special services such as appropriateness to order through the AYS system.
3. Answers the telephone, taking messages and relaying information as needed. This includes answering the patient menu line.
4. Provides troubleshooting of patient meal problems to include referring patients in need of assistance to a registered dietitian.
5. Maintains accurate reports such as patients not appropriate to order (NAPS), patients who have missed 2 meals, required meal counts, etc.
6. Ensures correct menu item selection for MNT on AYS orders according the individualized need of the patient.
7. Conducts Performance Improvement monitoring, measuring, and tracking results using specified indicators.
8. Properly prepares patient nourishments and enteral nutrition products according to HACCP guidelines.
9. Stocks office supplies, as needed, and maintains organization of work area.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of one month experience and/or training in a nutrition care setting or equivalent and basic computer knowledge and skills. Customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, families, and other employees of Rex Healthcare. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex FNS Main
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.