Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 39743
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Administers radiation therapy treatments to oncology patients. Works includes assessment, intervention, calculations, documentation and patient education. Works is performed under the general supervision of a radiation therapy supervisor and is evaluated by conformance to standards and procedures.
1. Administers radiation therapy in accordance with physician's instructions and the patient's treatment plan. Enters data into computer and set controls to operate and adjust equipment and regulate dosage.
2. Assists physicians, radiation oncologists, clinical physicists and others as necessary to prepare physical and technical aspects of radiation treatment plans, using information about patient condition and anatomy. Constructs patient immobilization devices as ordered by physicians
3. Maintains patient and billing records, reports and files according to department policies and procedures, including information as radiation dosages, equipment settings, and patients? reactions
4. Performs routine and complex radiation therapy treatments such as total body irradiation, stereotactic radiosurgery, and low and high brachytherapy according to established practices and standards.
5. Prepares equipment and room for patient. Uses appropriate protective equipment and procedures to ensure safety of patients, self, and others. Performs quality assurance procedures per state and federal guidelines.
6. Provides on-the-job clinical instruction and evaluation for student radiation therapists.
● Graduation from a Radiation Therapy Technologist program approved by the Council of Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA).
● Radiation Therapy certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Or Board Eligible (must receive certification within one year of hire)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Radiation Oncology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.