Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 48010
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs work requiring considerable knowledge in radiography, basic computer operations, appropriate patient care and monitoring. Also performs diagnostic and interventional neuro, thoracic, vascular, and skeletal, as well as other invasive procedures.
1. Documentation Schedules procedures to include documentation of the following information 1) patients name 2) patients medical record number 3) procedure to be performed 4) reason for said procedure 5) short medical history 6) ordering physician information 7) appropriate diagnostic information such as labs or previous studies 8) patient type (inpatient/outpatient/TBA). Assists supervisor or designee in documentation of essential employee file records. Generates patient procedure form (PPF) in radiology information system, providing all necessary information and complete in required manner, as well as completion in hospital information system. Maintains room procedure sheet for documentation of procedure performed and all supplies used during the course of the procedure, as well as any other applicable information relating to the actual procedure.
2. Equipment Operation Provides radiographic support during operating room procedures using state of the art mobile fluoroscopic equipment, positioning and appropriate technique selection. Performs portable radiographic procedures requiring use of standard portable radiographic equipment operation and appropriate technique selection. Performs image processing and quality assurance of such images evaluating them for proper anatomical part(s), alignment, radiographic techniques, image identification, and radiation protection. Performs systems checks on equipment to determine functionality. Clean radiographic equipment. Operates single plane and bi-plane digital imaging system (including mobile fluoroscopic equipment), power injector, and ultrasound equipment used for diagnostic and interventional procedures. Performs quality analysis for activated clotting times (ACT machine) and operates machine during procedures
3. Patient Care Describes exam to patient, assists in obtaining informed consent, completes necessary paper work for study, inputs patient information into radiology information system and procedure coding. Performs pre-procedural workup such as identifying patient, ensuring that the physician's orders are in chart, the SMS order is in HIS, and the informed consent has been obtained. Performs post procedure patient care such as cleaning area of interest and application of appropriate wound dressing.
4. Set Up Prepares interventional suite for upcoming procedure by setting up sterile trays and accessories, preparing equipment for operation, entering patient information, generating patient transport and obtaining prerequisite diagnostic information such as film folders, medical records and lab results, and prepping site of interest in usual sterile fashion.
5. Supply Management Complies with departmental and room supply strategies by determining what items are needed, and re-stock area appropriately. Makes lists and notifies lead staff or supervisor of supply needs. Performs required procedure for the collection, cleaning, storage, packaging and distribution of any and all tools/supplies to be sterilized. Documents all supplies used during each procedure, as well as patient charge information for billing purposes. Disposes of used supply items and trays.
6. Team Support Assists physicians by providing the necessary supplies during procedures such as catheters, guidewires, sheaths, embolization supplies, stents, medications and miscellaneous supplies. Assists physician by ?scrubbing in? to perform actual hands-on management and manipulation of tools or supplies used during the procedure (not a function of technologists rotating through operating room). Precepts new employees and students.
● Associate's degree or completion of an accredited Radiologic Sciences Program.
● Registered by the American Registry of Radiological Sciences or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. (Registry eligible candidates must provide a copy of diploma from accredited program.) Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Organization Unit: UNCH VIR-HBOH
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.