Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 49101
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Healthcare Analyst II is a professional with the ability to provide clinical, financial, and/or operational analysis to formulate actionable insights and strategies against departmental/organizational goals; business/clinical outcomes, and regulatory mandated requirements. The Healthcare Analyst II leverages data to improve the operational or clinical workflows within a health system.
1. Communication, presentation, requirements gathering and relationships: Collaborate with stakeholders to identify objectives, goals, and requirements; translate requirements into functional specifications, analytic and data specifications; develop project timelines for projects and ongoing initiatives.
2. Actionable Insights and Improvements: Gather, validate, and synthesize data from a variety of internal and external sources. Create and maintains processes to effectively validate data and ensure integrity of deliverables; interpret data, identify trends, establish and utilize benchmark data; present and explain analysis; recommend improvements to process, analysis, and research methods. This role may be expected to implement and maintain improvements.
3. Data, Dashboard, & Report Assets: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to create accurate and meaningful reoccurring dashboards that provide visualization of the data in a way that communicates existing trends and patterns.
4. Mentorship & training: Provide mentorship and training in both the analytical technique and quality of work for other analysts throughout the organization.
5. Other responsibilities as specified by the department.
● Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Ability to work with multiple data sources. Advanced excel experience preferred.
Understanding of specifications and using data to meet requirements
Ability to develop business/operations processes to timely meet reporting requirements
Strong communication skills to ensure the integrity of the results or outcomes
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Employee Health Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.