Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 48044
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
This position qualifies for our UNC Medical Center Operating Room Incentive Program, which includes up to $10,000 sign-on bonus and $20,000 commitment incentive. In addition, this position is also eligible for up to $10,000 in relocation assistance (based on location) and our employee referral program. Learn more about our UNC Hospitals RN Incentive Program here:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/chp-or-incentive
RN CN III Operating Room - Medical Center Children's OR
The Children's Operating room is seeking an experienced Pediatric Operating Room Nurse who is ready to take their career to the next level. The CN III nurse will display leadership skills and be an active participant in the development and achievement of unit goals, including performance improvement activities.
UNC Medical Center Children's OR is a unit with six operating suites, averaging 20-25 cases per day. Our Children's OR staff are able to work in multiple service areas, including Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, ENT, Oral Maxillofacial, Burns, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Plastics, Urology, and Dental Surgery. The OR uses new, innovative state of the art equipment that reinforces continuous learning opportunities. The Children's OR staff are collegial and supportive of each other. Surgeons, OR staff, Anesthesia team and all ancillary services work together daily to provide high quality care for the most acute pediatric patients in North Carolina.
This position requires at least 1 year of OR experience. 36 hours/week. Variable shifts. Call hours required, including weekday evenings and weekends.
Please include a comprehensive CV with your application showing the following areas if possible:
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Nurse III practices at the level of a competent to expert practitioner of nursing, as defined by Benner, P. (1984). From Novice to Expert. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company. The nurse at this level demonstrates competence in caring for patients with complex problems. In addition the Clinical Nurse III demonstrates clinical leadership skills through contribution to standards of care and unit goals. The Clinical Nurse III serves as a role model for other staff and a preceptor for new employees and participates in endeavors to increase nursing knowledge.
1. Assessment - Synthesizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial and educational needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication with others. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families. Develops relationships with families that promote their ability to advocate for the patient and their own needs.
2. Education - Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self and others. Participates in development and presentation of staff education programs geared to unit needs and staff level. Assists in development of, and utilizes patient education materials relevant to patient population.
3. Evaluation - Evaluates patient progress and revises plan accordingly. Maintains accountability for carrying out components of the plan.
4. Implementation - Demonstrates expertise in care of patients with complex problems, including appropriate physical, psychosocial and educational aspects of care. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan. Provides direction in implementation of the plan and serves as a resource to other staff members. Utilizes hospital standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care.
5. Leadership - Develops goals to promote professional growth or minimize limitations. Achieves goals and objectives within identified timeframe or renegotiates with supervisor. Participates in activities that facilitate intra/interdepartmental collaboration and serves as role model for nursing involvement. Functions as a consultant in various phases of the nursing process throughout the hospital. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities. Effectively uses communication systems. Participates in promoting cost-effective care. Models behaviors that effectively give feedback to coworkers. Incorporates awareness of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment into practice. Promotes a safe, clean environment.
6. Planning - Collaborates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care. Consistently makes use of available multidisciplinary resources in planning care. Uses full range of communication means to convey planning. Identifies and addresses cultural and ethnic issues in planning patient care. Consistently demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for patients with complex problems.
7. Research - Reads journals that contain articles and studies that are applicable to practice and discusses their feasibility of implementation with others. With assistance, applies research findings to practice. Brings ideas and questions to the staff at large for assessment of applicability. Assists with data collection in research being conducted in work area. Shares knowledge with staff.
● Graduation from a school of professional nursing.
● If hired after January 6, 2014, must be enrolled within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor's degree with a major in Nursing or a Master's degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional certification relevant to the practice area and on the ANCC Magnet approved list within the probationary period of employment.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Children's OR
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.