Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 47773
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
With a solid understanding of the operations, business practices, strategies, and goals of the system this position is responsible for providing executive level support to UNC-Physician's and School of Medicine's CFO. Position will be responsible for providing leadership to manage effective systems and protocols under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Finance Operations, and in conjunction with the Assistant Director of Finance Operations, serves as the primary interface for the UNC-Physician's and School of Medicine's CFO office. Position typically works directly with members of Senior Leadership of the HCS/SOM.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Provides research and analysis to prepare briefing materials for the UNC-Physician's and School of Medicine's CFO office. Manages multiple tasks with competing deadlines. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
2. Responds to routine and non-routine inquiries regarding system operations, policies, and procedures. Forward situations and issues to the appropriate staff members for resolution.
3. Performs and/or oversees a wide range of special projects or assignments that are highly sensitive or complex in nature, requiring a high level of independence and initiative in execution and implementation.
4. Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature regarding routine & non-routine issues internally and externally requiring a high degree of discretion and diplomacy and time sensitivity. Understands the systems goals and priorities of the executive, in order to prioritize issues according to urgency.
5. Plans, coordinates and ensures the Executive's schedule is followed and respected. Provides gatekeeper and gateway role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Executive's time and office. Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the CFO, some of which may have organizational impact.
6. Prepares and edits complex presentations, charts, and other written correspondence that best depicts content of intended message to internal and external stakeholders.
7. May supervise subordinate clerical staff. Trains staffs on tasks and ensures they are trained for their specific roles. Coordinates job rotation and cross-training. Helps team understand performance targets and goals.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
● If Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
● If High School or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Advanced proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word preferred.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: FP Financial Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.