Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 47964
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provide oversight and coordination of advanced imaging services in inpatient setting including CT, MRI and Ultrasound. Perform complex noninvasive imaging studies in the inpatient setting. Responsible for the day-to-day workflow of the inpatient advanced imaging team, including ensuring quality of work, meeting daily staffing needs, and ensuring compliance with imaging standards.
Hours: Variable, in general will be 7:30am-5:00pm (4 shifts per week)
1. Evaluates and monitors staff work performance for high quality, accuracy and completeness and adherence to departmental policies and procedures. Communicates information to the Manager/Director.
2. Adheres to and assists staff with adherence to departmental PACS policies and procedures. Maintains working knowledge of hospital information system and Radiology Information System to verify that procedures are appropriately ordered and billed.
3. Performs non-invasive diagnostic imaging tests and procedures following established policies, procedures, and regulations.
4. Maintains proper staffing by overseeing staff schedule and approved time off, and performs time keeping duties. Communicates staffing, patient scheduling, and attendance issues to the Manager.
5. Coordinates staff rotation to all areas ensuring variation to maintain staff competency. Monitors staff competencies and reports findings to the Manager.
6. Maintains equipment and rooms in good operating condition. Troubleshoots equipment problems and contacts service for repairs. Coordinates service to minimize room down time. Reports equipment problems to Management.
7. Maintains inventory and coordinates purchase of supplies and equipment. Monitors supply usage and costs. Acts as a Liaison between the various vendors, physicians, and Management. Arranges Vendor visits. Works with Vendors and Management, and Purchasing to achieve high quality, low cost supplies. Makes recommendations to Management team concerning budgets.
8. Assists Medical Director in establishing protocols. Assists manager in establishing policies and procedures.
9. Coordinates imaging services in the inpatient setting. Makes process improvement recommendations to manager.
10. Complies with departmental, hospital, and regulatory policies and procedures.
11. Leads team members in providing state of the art services and care of the highest quality. Instrumental in keeping up to date on new technologies and standards on a national level. Integrates findings into lab practices.
12. Coordinates work of technical staff to include: interviewing and training of staff, planning, assigning, directing and prioritizing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides input regarding employee performance. Educates, assists and oversees student technologists.
13. Coordinates educational and quality assurance meetings for technical staff.
● Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree, or certificate from an accredited school in Radiology Technology preferred.
● ART or ARDMS certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least one year of CT, MRI, or Ultrasound experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex MRI
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.