Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 48988
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the independent operation of diagnostic medical equipment to expose complex diagnostic conditions, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations to include but not limited to complex ob/gyn scanning (fetal echo, fetal anomalies, high risk obstetrics) and complex vascular diagnostics
1. Assists the radiologist in performing invasive diagnostic techniques such as needle biopsies, aspirations, and guided needle-wire placement exams for surgery. Provides standardization and training to residents regarding these exams.
2. Evaluates any contra-indications, such as medications, insufficient patient preparation or the patient’s inability, or unwillingness to tolerate the procedure.
3. Performs the ultrasound procedure under general or direct supervision, as defined by the procedure and/or physician.
4. Recognizes sonographic characteristics of normal and abnormal tissues, structures, and blood flow.
5. Analyzes sonography findings throughout the course of the examination so that a comprehensive exam is completed and sufficient data is provided to the physician.
6. Recognizes situations or abnormalities that require the direct observation of the real-time scan by the radiologist.
7. Images structures while simultaneously obtaining Doppler signal and recording images and Doppler shift recordings along with patient information for interpretation by a radiologist.
8. Advises radiologist and/or referring physician of results of the examination and provides preliminary information regarding diagnostic evaluation.
● Completion of a twelve (12) month program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography / General Ultrasound or equivalent certificate program is required.
● RDMS registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) with certification in at least one modality specific to department of hire (i.e. Abd, OBGYN, RVT).
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience as an Ultrasound Tech.
● Must complete all departmental specific Sonographer competencies within twelve (12) months from date of hire, as well as complete all annual modality competencies and assigned continual education to maintain Ultrasound Tech II
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Ultrasound
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Weekend - Part Time every Saturday and Sunday 8:30a - 2:30p plus rotating weekday 8 hour shift. No Call Requirement. Position supports holiday team rotation.
Location of Job: US:NC: Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $29.98 - $37.48 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.