Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 48608
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
*This position qualifies for a $15,000 commitment incentive which will be paid over a three (3) year work commitment. Equal installments will be paid after each six (6) months of work completed.
This position supervises a staff of Cardiovascular Sonographers who perform a variety of Cardiac ultrasound procedures. Invasive and non-invasive cases which include structural heart and cardio-oncology.
1. Identifies and resolves problems using Continuous Quality Improvement techniques. Troubleshoots equipment. Arranges for repair or replacement of equipment.
2. Manages daily workflow issues or patient care problems or complaints that cannot be addressed by technologists. Assists business staff with audit problems, scheduling questions, etc.
3. Manages personnel resources for a staff of Cardiovascular Sonographers and clerical support. Interviews and selects candidates for hiring, coordinates orientation for new staff or staff in new roles as well as students, develops work plans, conducts performance reviews, recommends promotions, and conducts disciplinary action using hospital and department personnel guidelines.
4. Performs Echo procedures including assessment of patient history, documentation of anatomy and pathology. Produces and summarizes procedure findings. Transfer patient data to storage/network devices
5. Provides regular communications to and from clinical staff and administrative staff by leading and/or participating in weekly team meetings, weekly supervisory meetings, monthly staff meetings and other methods as needed.
6. Assist personnel in training and working with students.
7. Establishes procedures for maintaining adequate inventory of supplies.
8. Technical Director responsibilities are required along with completing department accreditation for IAC.
● Completion of a twelve (12) month program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, General Ultrasound, Vascular Technology or comparable program.
● RDMS registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually. A RDCS or RDS may be substituted in place of the RDMS for cardiac roles.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience as an Ultrasound Technologist or equivalent.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex HeartandVascular Diagnosti
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $34.65 - $43.31 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.