Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 49900
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Accountable for program development and clinical oversight of the UNC HCS Ambulatory Care Management and Wellness Program. Responsible for development and advancement of system-wide population management initiatives.
1. Development and clinical oversight of the UNC HCS Ambulatory Care Management and Wellness Program.
2. Driving operational success, optimizing-performance, developing, and implementing population health services that positively impact patient outcomes throughout the healthcare system and reduce utilization of health care resources.
3. Recruiting and developing staff from various disciplines to oversee a broad array of centralized and embedded population management services to include care management, nutrition therapy, and mental health services. Responsible for employee retention, access to services, and patient and provider engagement.
4. Implementation of evidenced based guidelines, efficient workflows, and strategic initiatives to advance high quality low cost health care delivery to support UNC and its clinically integrated network of health care and community providers.
5.Development and implementation of quality programs based on Lean Methodology, IHI principles, and Hoshin planning to achieve or exceed agreed upon system organizational goals.
6. Implementation of a interdisciplinary care team model that encourages engagement and active participation from all members of the care team across the continuum of care. Oversight of educational and marketing strategies to promote client and provider engagement on system initiatives.
7. Budget development and oversight to achieve or exceed financial goals.
8. Identification and addressing negative trends and communicate results to HCS Senior Vice President of Population Services, Senior Medical Director Population Services, UNC Health Alliance Board of Directors, and executive leadership.
9. Leading and participating in executive level UNC HCS committees related to high quality, low cost health care, value care contracting, and internal and external provider relationships.
10. Management multiple projects simultaneously to ensure consistency with UNC HC strategy, commitments, and goals.
11.Development and advancement of system-wide population management initiatives.
12. Collaboration with system and entity executives and physician leaders to implement population health programs that positively impact patient outcomes and reduce utilization of health care resources.
13. Active participation in executive level committees and multidisciplinary teams. Provide education, training, and ongoing consultation to advance effective population health strategies specific to geographic regions, cultures, and resource limitations.
14. Development of system-wide population health policies and procedures and disseminate best practice methodologies shown to have a positive return on investment.
15. Identification and communication of negative trends to executive leadership and appropriate stakeholders, and work collaboratively to develop a plan to address quality and utilization metrics.
16. Work across the UNC HCS' highly matrixed network of management and medical leadership to reduce costs, increase quality, enhance revenues, and achieve effective utilization of health care resources.
Bachelor's required. Master's preferred
Professional Experience Requirements:
Requires minimum of seven (7) years of health care management experience; population management, care management, project management, business development, and QI process design experience.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health Supp Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC: Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.