Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 49925
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
We are recruiting for Patient Services Manager III with OR experience for our General/Trauma/Gynecology/Urology/Robotics services within the Operating Room at UNC Medical Center.
The manager will be responsible for the daily operations of the unit, strategic planning for the future, hiring and staffing, operational and capital budgets. Manager duties include ensuring that appropriate care and services are available to patients and families, ensures adequate and appropriate clinic staffing on each shift, supervision of nursing staff, medical support staff and utility aide staff, assistance with annual performance reviews of staff, and participation in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues. Provides and facilitates an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, ongoing unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members.
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position, primarily working 8am-5pm however does require 24/7 operation of the unit. We are excited to welcome a new nursing leader to support our continued growth and success. Come join our One Great Team!
UNC Hospitals has earned the distinguished Magnet designation that recognizes nurses for their excellence and provides professional growth opportunities. UNC Chapel Hill Main Campus is a level one trauma academic facility and includes 26 operating rooms. It is a very fast-paced environment offering multiple service lines. We are proud to be on the cutting edge of technology for a number of surgical procedures. Our specialty procedures include cochlear implants, organ transplants, bariatric procedures, open-heart surgeries, ECMO, endovascular surgeries, flap reconstructive surgeries, stereotactic and image guided neuro surgeries, da Vinci® robotic surgeries, and Hyperthermia Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) just to name a few. We also have dedicated Pediatric Operating Rooms performing approximately 5,000 cases per year. Our service lines include general surgery, orthopedics, neurosurgery, plastics, ENT, OMF, burn and urology. UNC is one of the two verified Burn Centers in NC and the only designated Level 1 Trauma in the Triangle. You can expect to work on complex cases with a driven team of passionate and collegial OR professionals, utilizing the best patient care models.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position supervising large clinical units. Duties include ensuring that appropriate care and services are available to patients and families, ensures adequate and appropriate clinic staffing on each shift, supervision of nursing staff, medical support staff and utility aide staff, assistance with annual performance reviews of staff, participation in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues. Provides and facilitates an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, ongoing unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members.
1. Patient Care- Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients / clients and families. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning. Ensures appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix for patient care. Supervises team of professionals /paraprofessionals which may include nursing staff, health unit coordinators, nursing assistants and utility aides.
2. Human Resource Management- Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
3. Budget Management- Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
4. Accreditation Issues- Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, Joint Commission, Board of Nursing and other specified accrediting bodies. Integrate current scientific evidence with standards of practice.
5. Quality Improvement- Leads and participates in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits.
6. Education- Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff has the knowledge and skills to care for the specified patient population.
7. Customer Satisfaction- Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results, letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization, particularly for vulnerable or at risk populations.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● Professional certification (ANCC Magnet approved) relevant to Management, Leadership or Clinical Area is required within the probationary period of employment.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of professional nursing in tertiary care and one (1) year of management experience in specialty area.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Operating Room
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.