Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 49184
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: The Certified Technician provides support and compliance to the pharmacy system by sterilizing pharmacy clean rooms throughout the health system.
1. Sterilizes and cleans USP 797 compliant clean rooms for the UNC health system. There are over 13 locations throughout the state of North Carolina.
2. A minimum of 3 cleans are required per month.
3. Clean room garbing and hand hygiene testing required.
4. Optional opportunity (with necessary certification) to compound and/or prepare medications (sterile products, oral, topical, controlled substances, etc.) including high-risk medication processes as defined by the entity, as authorized by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
5. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in job-specific functions.
6. Contributes to process improvement projects.
● High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: SSC Compounding Pharmacy
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.