Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 50127
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Works in collaboration with assigned unit or department to ensure work is accomplished timely and effectively. Partner with other colleagues outside of assigned area as needed for professional resources.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Instructs, prepares and pre-assess patients for stress testing and /or cardiovascular monitoring devices.
3. Monitors stress scope for electrocardiographic irregularities and monitors patient for blood pressure response and symptoms to assist physician during test and recovery.
4. Observes scanner screen to identify irregularities in patient cardiac patterns and verifies data to printout for interpretation by the physician.
5. Analyzes and processes information from patient diaries or teletransphonic transmissions that correspond to symptom and drug therapy for interpretation by the physician.
6. Edits and forwards final test results to referring physician offices.
7. Maintains all equipment associated with stress testing and cardiovascular monitoring devices, institutes trouble shooting measures, recognizes equipment malfunctions and communicates with service engineers.
8. Maintains department ledgers and files with patient charges and department revenue.
9. Provides backup for EKG as needed.
10. Provides backup for venous access if competency completed.
11. May require employee to draw labs necessary as directed within the "Tilt Table Testing" policy or the "Dysautonomia Tilt Table Testing" policy.
12. May require employee to document and provide patient with follow up instructions or lifestyle changes as recommended by physician.
● High school diploma or GED
● CCT Preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of Cardiovascular or allied health experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex HeartandVascular Diagnosti
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $18.07 - $22.59 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.