Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 50843
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans and implements educational programming for children, providing a safe learning environment for children.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Planning and implementing educational program of age-appropriate activities for children in care and identifying each child's individual capabilities and needs.
3. Create a learning environment.
4. Assure the welfare, health, and safety of the children in the groups.
5. Organize and maintain classroom activity areas, materials, and supplies, and keeping the Director advised of equipment and materials that need to be repaired and replaced.
6. Maintain constant supervision of children.
7. Take daily attendance and keep all required reports pertaining to group.
8. Train and make most constructive use of Instructor.
9. Establish and maintain effective communication with parents.
10. Build good communications with other staff to create a professional atmosphere.
11. Attend pre-service and in-service training as required.
12. Understand North Carolina ChildCare Requirements.
13. Keep the Director/Manager informed of any classroom problems.
● Associate's degree (A. A.) in Early Childhood Education or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or higher with 12 hours of ECE courses. Co-workers in a Lead Instructor role prior to August 2007 do not have to
meet this educational requirement.
● NCECC (North Carolina Childcare Credential); NCEEC (North Carolina Early Educator Certificate); Adult and
Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED with Anaphylaxis Epinephrine Auto-Injector (Must be American Red Cross); SIDS;
Playground; BSAC; Fire Safety. Required within 90 days of hire. North Carolina CRIMBACKG (DHHS requirement) and Medical (prior to hire date);
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 6 months working in an early childhood education setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: Early Learning Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.