Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 50936
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position performs basic Nursing Assistant activities. This position also provides assistance to the physician during operative and invasive procedures. This position functions to assure endoscopy suite is adequately prepared for procedure and monitors PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies. Reprocess and maintain of endoscopes and other endoscopy equipment.
1. Clerical--Uses computer scheduling system to schedule endoscopy procedures at mutually acceptable times. Performs receptionist/ clerical duties as needed. Orders and stocks supply inventory, prepares rooms and equipments to accommodate patient load. Runs errands as necessary to lab, pharmacy, CD. Understands operation, function and handling of equipment, supplies.
2. Clinical--Assists MD and RN with endoscopic procedures under supervision registered nurse. Utilizes instruments during procedures. Assists with the delivery of direct nursing care. Assists with admission and discharge of patients. Assists with patient identification and vital signs. Documents/ charts on forms as required. Assists with positioning of patient. Assists with collection and preparation of endoscopy specimens. Demonstrates a cooperative nature with physicians and nurses while responding to needs and requires of patients/ families.
3. Professional Development-- Maintains BLS and competencies as prescribed by department annual Endoscopy Technician checklist. Attends inservices and organizational meetings.
4. Technical-- Attends all required training and completes all required competencies for high-level disinfection (HLD) processes – initially and yearly as required by UNC Medical Center policy. Demonstrates proficiency in reprocessing and maintenance of endoscopes and other endoscopic equipment per UNC Infection Prevention endoscope policy and manufacturer instructions for use (IFUs) for specific equipment in use, including specific endoscopes. Maintains automated endoscope reprocessors (AERs) and/or vapor management hoods (if relevant). Ensures the correct hookups and adapters are in use for channeled scopes reprocessed in AERs. Checks all chemical levels in reservoirs and basins to ensure adequacy. Checks minimum effective concentrations as appropriate and per manufacturer’s IFUs for HLD chemicals. Effectively communicates information regarding scope repairs, loaners, supplies and QI information by maintaining documentation of all actions. Has knowledge of and appropriately dons and doffs personal protective equipment (PPE) in the reprocessing room per policy and OSHA regulations. Maintains supplies needed for cleaning and reprocessing, and communicates effectively equipment failures and needed repairs. Accurately records all necessary data in appropriate logs according to UNC Medical Center policies.
● Graduation from an accredited Surgical Technology program or High School diploma or GED.
● If graduation from an accredited Surgical Technology program: No licensure or certification required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Licensed as a Nursing Assistant I by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of relevant health care experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: Endoscopy -
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.