Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 50987
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is an entry level position which performs skilled work of moderate difficulty in the general and specific repair and maintenance of hospital buildings, grounds, vehicles, facilities, equipment, electrical generation prime movers and mechanical devices. Work is performed under the direct supervision of a higher level maintenance mechanic or supervisor.
1. Conducts fire drills, maintains all fire prevention and extinguishing equipment, and provides fire response efforts for emergencies.
2. Installs, repairs and maintains equipment.
3. Installs, repairs and maintains various life safety equipment, including vacuum pumps, life saving mechanical equipment and emergency generator prime movers.
4. Maintains UNC Health Care buildings and facilities on site and at other locations to comply with hospital maintenance policies for the safety and comfort of patients, staff and visitors.
5. Performs operational tests and provide maintenance of the laundry chute system and emergency stairwells to meet JCAHO requirements, the Life Safety Code and UNC Health Care policies.
6. Performs routine and unscheduled repair and maintenance of a fleet of vehicles used for hospital staff and visitors.
7. Selects and installs suitable materials (windows, doors, roofing materials, flooring) to match existing materials or devices in use throughout all hospital buildings.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience with maintenance and repair projects or large facility maintenance, including experience in all forms of maintenance.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: Engineering
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.