Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 50548
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Monitors telemetry patients, ensuring telemetry is applied correctly.
1. Collaborates with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team to promote patient safety and meet emergency needs. Reports problems, variances, etc. to the charge nurse with written follow-up to the nurse manager.
2. Educates staff and/or patients on cardiology technical procedures and equipment. Teaches telemetry principles to patients and family as needed. Precepts new telemetry technicians as necessary.
3. Ensures that all equipment is clean and in working order. Troubleshoots basic problems with equipment and refers it for resolution if unable to resolve the problem.
4. Operates cardiovascular diagnostic or therapeutic equipment. Interprets and documents cardiac rhythms. Responds to alarms promptly and appropriately. Adheres to arrhythmia protocols. Ensures that patients have telemetry applied correctly.
5. Prepares related reports, inputs test results into database and documents procedures as appropriate.
● Successful completion of an approved EKG class (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● High School Diploma or GED
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider Certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If successful completion of an approved EKG class: No prior experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Six (6) months of experience in a medical environment.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: EKG
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.