Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 50996
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Monitor Clerk assists the professional caregiver in the care of patients by monitoring cardiac rhythms and performing a wide range of clerical, transcription and maintenance of the patient care unit desk area functions. The Monitor Clerk ensures that Hospital's philosophy, standards, policies and procedures are met and maintained in a professional manner.
1. Adheres to policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
2. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Monitor Technician competency checklist.
3. Documents and interprets patient?s heart rhythm and rate by utilizing telemetry recordings.
4. Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in policies and procedures.
5. Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
6. Identifies patient arrhythmias/abnormalities or significant changes from baseline and reports changes immediately to the assigned nurse.
7. Obtains six second strip as indicated by patient condition and gives current strips to charge nurse for further evaluation.
8. Properly plans/organizes work for assigned shift to properly utilize time, resources, manpower, supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate quality care.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must be fluent in verbal and written English language. Capability to learn interpretation and respond protocols to ECG / SP 02 monitor system and to develop computer skills must be demonstrated if not competent must complete successful skills verification for ECG interpretation, monitor system, and HUC responsibilities within defined time parameters.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: ICU
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.