Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 47032
Location: Lumberton, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Supports/leads daily operations for work unit/departments in an assigned area. An Associate Director helps lead and support functions of work unit/departments activities ensuring successful attainment of system level and organization goals, in addition to work unit/departments specific goals. The Associate Director is instrumental in engaging internal and external stakeholders and strategizing processes and workflows. This position is will be accountable for assigned areas of personnel management, support for managers, fiscal management, communications, customer service, and quality/process improvement initiatives to attain high level of quality outcomes consistent with organizational standards.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Financial Stewardship: Develops, supports and submits budgetary requests on or before stated deadlines. Monitors and analyzes budgetary trends. Implements strategies to increase revenue/decrease costs and cost effectively manage personnel, supply and equipment resources. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure goals are achieved and/or meet budget projections. Recognizes opportunities for increases in productivity, cost savings, and revenue generation.
2. Human Resource Stewardship/Management: Effectively recruits, selects, hires, coaches and uses appropriate corrective action with staff in accordance with UNCHCS policies and procedures, and supports managers with the same. Creates an environment of accountability for annual competency assessment of all staff. Creates an environment conducive to retaining staff, and to learning. Provides employees and Directors with accurate annual performance feedback and the opportunity to set developmental goals. Conducts and documents regularly recurring staff meetings at which pertinent information such as policy and procedure changes are communicated. Encourages staff to celebrate successes, express concerns and identity opportunities for improvements. Implements strategies to improve employee satisfaction inclusive of strategies to involve employees in decision-making.
3. Leadership: Aligns work unit goals with organizational strategic direction. Participates in formation of strategic goals. Demonstrates corporate citizenship by participating in activities external to assigned work unit/departments. Demonstrates active support of organizational initiatives. Accesses and utilizes appropriate administrative/ clinical/financial systems. Acquires and maintains quantitative skills for data analysis. Leads in change efforts for improvement in work quality.
4. Communication: Identifies key customers and needs. Develops and maintains positive, effective relationships with key individuals and team both internally and externally. Monitors unit(s) performance and ensures scores are showing improvement using LEAN methodology. Maintains accountability for annual competency assessment of staff. Works with Directors to ensure a high level of patient and customer satisfaction. Job Profile This job profile is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this profile.
5. Professional Development: Maintains familiarity with standards of appropriate discipline/professional work group. Seeks opportunities for professional growth. Attends required orientation for new systems and requires staff to do the same. Participates in appropriate educational opportunities.
6. Provides quality services that meet regulatory/accreditation requirements. Delivers safe, effective services. Analyzes SAFE reports, and errors and develops and implements strategies with work unit/departments to address the conditions that contributed to these situations. Monitors performance and ensures scores are showing improvement. Monitors quality of work product for work unit/departments. Maintains familiarity with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Ensures work unit/departments are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Participates in activities designed to monitor and improve compliance.
7. Operations: Establish regular meeting with applicable teammates for strategic planning of work unit/departments functions, goals, staffing, etc. Lead operational/staff meetings – cover status of work unit/departments goals, address any ongoing issues. Support yearly operating budgets and managing expenses and staffing ratios throughout the year(including Capital/Minor/travel budgets for physician practice clinics). Manage improvement projects. Ensure work unit/departments are providing highest level of customer service – Press Ganey/Patient experience analysis and leadership- leads Carolina Care for work unit/ departments. Provide data and analytical support as requested, Press Ganey, Quality metrics. Arrange for and manage required licenses and documentation for clinic operations (DEA license, CLIA, etc.)
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related field.
Professional Experience Requirements: 6 years of relevant experience, including 4 years of management experience.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: Southeastern Hub
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC: Lumberton
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.