Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 51911
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Business Analytics Consultant is responsible for operational efficiencies, and financial oversight for the 340B Federal Drug Discount Program at UNC Health. May also assist with strategic planning, and performance improvement initiatives. Develop and present complex financial models along with forecasting of established business plans. Assist management in decision-making regarding business operations, ongoing projects, departmental strategic planning, and making financial recommendations by gathering data from multiple sources, assessing the value of information and determining the best method for decision-making.
This is a remote position eligible for hire from: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Lead the data analytics group on the 340B Team for strategic projects across a large complex organization.
2. Provide complex business analytics to senior management in support of 340B compliance and financial performance.
3. Provide financial planning advice and support to senior management in making programmatic decisions related to the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
4. Responsible for departmental development of business plans from the concept/ forecasting phase through program launch. Assess existing programs and service lines based on actual outcomes and value. Develop and present complex financial models that support growth opportunities.
5. Work closely with and advise senior management to facilitate profitable growth while maximizing operational efficiencies. Growth may come from a variety of opportunities including improving business performance, expanding existing service lines, forming new service lines or businesses.
6. Develop automation and other tools to improve efficiency and accuracy of program audits.
● Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelors degree, three (3) years of experience required. If a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then one (1) year of experience is required.
● If Master's degree, one (1) year of experience required.
● If Associated degree, seven (7) years of experience required
● If high school/GED, eleven (11) years of experience in business analysis, financial management or financial analysis.
● If PhD, no years of experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● - Business Objects (or comparable data querying tool) intermediate proficiency required
● - Performance management analysis or Business plan analysis or Pro Forma development limited proficiency preferred (committee to define before finalizing tracks)
● - Project Management intermediate proficiency preferred (committee to define before finalizing tracks)
● - Customer/ Executive relationship management (fulfilling analytics requests; providing analytics insights to answer operational questions; presenting to and supporting executives) advanced proficiency required
● - Ability to provide visual analysis of data in most effective mode of presentation advanced proficiency required
● - Data Governance Stewardship role commitments expected
● - Potential fulfillment expectations of MS reporting & analytics single intake requests
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Pharmacy 340B Programs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.