Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 51530
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the overall management of revenue cycle patient access operations within assigned region including strategic planning, capital and operational budgeting, financial analysis, key metric development and management, regulatory compliance, problem resolution, personnel management, and performance improvement. Patient access operations may include, but is not limited to admissions/registration, emergency department registration, financial counseling, cashiering, financial assistance, and Medicaid eligibility.
1. Human Resources: Selects, trains, evaluates, and counsels management personnel fostering a positive, supportive culture that minimizes employee turnover. Dynamic interpretation and application of rules and regulations relative to revenue cycle functions for designated operational areas. Create and maintain work plans providing timely and relevant feedback to supervisors and subordinate employees. Provides guidance and direction to employees in complex cases. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers and employs methods to promote employee satisfaction. Create data-supported staffing models to effectively balance quality data capture, point of service collections, and patient throughput.
2. Regulatory: Maintains familiarity with applicable Federal and State rules and regulations. Develop and maintain policy and procedure to ensure compliance. Develop and successfully implement improvement plans, when necessary to resume compliance.
3. Strategic Planning: Analyze planned and sentinel events to develop strategies for improvement. Routinely evaluate industry and market forces to provide recommendations for new and/or evolving business development and/or improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
4. Metric Management/Performance Improvement: Develop, monitor, and report metrics. Set goals and objectives. Develop and implement processes and procedures to reach and exceed goals.
5. Operations: Actively participate and collaborate among entities and departments promoting performance improvement and patient satisfaction. Prioritize and communicate initiatives. Maintain subject matter expertise in all information systems necessary to lead, implement, and support business processes. Prepare and report operational data.
6. Budget: Preparation and defense of capital and operational budgets. Adherence with approved budget. Monitor and analyze budgetary trends to make necessary adjustments to ensure budget projections are met. Proactive communication of unintended variances with plans for mitigation.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field.
● Master’s degree strongly preferred.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of related experience, with at least five (5) years of management experience tied to Revenue Cycle, health care, or finance.
● Prior experience in a multi-location health system environment preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Revenue Cycle Mgmt
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.