Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 50199
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Faculty Physicians are seeking an Orthopaedics Program Manager to oversee staff and clinical care areas across multiple clinic locations. This position will report to the Director of Clinical Operations and will be supported by both clinical and administrative leaders. This program manager will play a vital role in the recruitment and implementation of Clinical Site Lead positions - a new initiative that will provide support to clinical leaders overseeing and coordinating various clinical activities.
The preferred candidate would be a licensed clinician that has previous experience as a team lead/supervisor/coordinator over a group of other clinicians. We are looking for someone with experience in building teams and mentoring leader behavior, and has proven competency in training, supply chain coordination and staff schedule optimization. Ideally, the candidate has practiced in the Orthopaedics ambulatory setting previously.
Summary:Responsible for a departmental or organizational wide clinical program. Examples may include, but are not limited to program management that crosses major nursing divisions house-wide such as policy & procedures, nursing staffing systems, CQI, care coordination or pharmacy. Ensures high quality program services to a specified population across multiple settings. Program emphasis includes outcomes analysis, provider and staff education, and community outreach.
1. Accreditation Issues - Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, federal government, The Joint Commission, Board of Nursing and other specified accrediting bodies. Standards of practice will reflect integration of current scientific evidence.
2. Budget Management - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary program goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
3. Customer Satisfaction - Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results, letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization, in particular for vulnerable or at risk populations.
4. Education- Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, provider and staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff have the knowledge and skills to care for the specified population.
5. Human Resource Management - Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
6. Planning- Develops strategic plan, goals, marketing and annual evaluation for clinical program.
7. Quality Improvement - Leads and participates in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits.
● For nursing positions- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.Non-Nursing positions- Bachelor's degree required.
● For nursing positions-Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina when applicable.RN not required for non-nursing positions
Professional Experience Requirements:
● For Nursing-Three (3) years of professional nursing in tertiary care and one (1) year of management experience in specialty area.For non-nursing areas: Three (3) years of relevant experience and one (1) year of management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Orthopaedics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.