Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 51848
Location: Lillington, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Did you know UNC Health has Ranked #2 Most Trusted Healthcare Brand in the U.S.? The UNC Health brand was ranked as the #4 healthcare brand in the United States overall and the #2 most trusted healthcare brand, just after Johns Hopkins and before Mass General. Join our One-Great-Team!
***No weekends, holidays, or on call!
This position qualifies for a $15,000 commitment incentive which will be paid over a three (3) year work commitment. Equal installments will be paid after each six (6) months of work completed. Learn more about the incentive program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/imaging-commitment-incentive-program
Employs radiologic sciences technology to perform a variety of patient care, technical, and diagnostic tasks targeted to the care of patients with cardiovascular disease. Provides a variety of diagnostic duplex ultrasound studies (see below) with full knowledge of pulsed wave and color Doppler techniques and manipulation of ultrasound machine controls to ensure accurate and highly diagnostic images in most patients. Major tasks include ultrasound imaging, patient preparation and post procedure care, procedure room set-up and cleaning, and quality monitoring.
A Registered Cardiovascular Sonographer/Technologist is responsible for performing non-invasive vascular procedures may include but not limited to: Adult Echocardiogram, Extracranial Cerebrovascular Duplex, Upper and Lower Extremity Venous Duplex, Upper and Lower Extremity Arterial Duplex, Lower Extremity Physiologic Arterial Studies, Upper Extremity Physiologic Arterial Study (TOS, Raynauds), Abdominal Aorto-iliac Duplex (AAA, Stenosis, EVAR, etc.), Mesenteric Duplex, Renal Duplex. Good communication skills. Knowledge of computers and ability to type proficiently. Follow established lab protocols and participate in on going Quality Assurance as well as ongoing research projects.
The ideal candidate will be a Registered Vascular Technologist or Register Vascular Sonographer with 3-5 years previous experience with a range of Duplex Ultrasound Vascular studies in a private practice, healthcare clinic and/or hospital clinical setting, computer experience demonstrated by either one to two years work experience or college level courses, and a capable typist to create reports in a timely manner.
1. Demonstrates competence in delivering pre-procedure and post-procedure patient care including, but not limited to patient assessment pre- and post-procedure care and, emergency cardiac care (CPR is required). Additionally, assistance with post-procedure transport may be required.
2. Ensures equipment is calibrated and properly maintained on a daily basis. Performs and records all equipment maintenance and quality assurance monitoring. Troubleshoots and identifies any equipment problems and reports to appropriate supervisor.
3. Generates ultrasound images of the heart and/or vascular related structures.
4. May perform staff training and education.
5. Monitors and records patient information and maintains report storage and data systems. Compiles and enters data necessary for charge entry and prepares reports. Also responsible for retrieval of stored information and reports from the automated storage system.
6. Prepares procedure room and equipment for daily use and is responsible for timely and efficient room preparation between procedures.
● Associate’s degree in Sonography, Radiology or a related field within 3 months of hire, OR
● Completion of a twelve (12) month ultrasound program within 3 months of hire.
● Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or registry eligible and become registered within one (1) year from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NCHV Lillington
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lillington
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $29.98 - $37.48 per hour (minimum - midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.