Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 51871
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Care Management Assistant facilitates arrangements for post-acute services for patient and coordinates requested services for post-discharge.
1. Assist in Facilitating Discharge Planning - Assists Care Management team with administrative support in arranging for discharge of patients including but not limited to durable medical equipment, Home Health, facility referrals and transfers, transportation, and infusions. Reviews work list for referrals throughout the day. Completes all appropriate documentation for routine referrals and prepares documents for post-acute services. Documents all discharge planning activities and communications according to department standard.
2. Assist in Utilization Management Process - Provides information required to insurance companies as requested by Utilization Manager or Care Manager or as per policy. Communicates and documents authorizations. Communicates with Care Manager and Utilization Manager for additional clarification as needed. Determines benefits for post-acute care. Completes follow-up on post-acute care authorization. Escalates potential barriers to discharge to the Care manager as identified. Follows escalation process to department leadership. Collaborates with Care Manager, Social Worker, and/or utilizes estimated discharge report to track discharges. As assigned, administers second Important Message from Medicare (IMM) within two days of discharge. Documents second IMM was administered.
3. FL2 for Long Term Care and Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) - Completes identified sections of documents as requested by Care Manager and/or Social Worker. Sends completed forms from Care Manager and Social Worker to the state for review. Monitors status. Documents delivery/completion and notifies Care Manager and Social Worker.
4. Other Duties - Assists with other duties as assigned by Care Management leadership. Supports Care Managers, Social Workers, and Utilization Managers as needed. Identifies Avoidable Delays and notifies Care Manager and/or Social Worker of delay and root cause. Completes and transmits other documents as needed.
5. Prioritize Daily Activities - Participates in daily Care Management Touchpoint with Care Managers, Social Workers, and Utilization Managers. Discusses referred cases, including, patient status, barriers to discharge, payer communication, escalations and support needs. Reviews insurance coverage updates on all appropriate patients, as assigned. Regularly evaluates work list and re-prioritizes items for the day. Reviews patient census for each service Care Management team, prioritizing communication needs. Reviews discharge planning priorities.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of health care experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Care Mgmt Operations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.