Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 53484
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Phlebotomist performs a variety of phlebotomy procedures and/or patient point-of-care testing in support of the clinical activities in the Healthcare System.
1. Consults/confers with healthcare providers/patients regarding patient care as it relates to phlebotomy service issues.
2. Ensures quality and accuracy of work.
3. Investigates problems with equipment, patient results, specimens and/or workflow.
4. May participate on teams or perform special projects/assignments.
5. May perform teaching and training of new employees, phlebotomy students and/or other healthcare providers.
6. May review test results to ensure accuracy of reporting and timely correction of errors or report results to healthcare providers.
7. Performs phlebotomy procedures, quality control and equipment maintenance in the appropriate laboratory.
8. Responsible for and/or ensures completion of daily work and assigned tasks. Monitors daily operation of laboratory work area.
● High School diploma or GED.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of phlebotomy experience required, or
● If graduation from a phlebotomy program, no previous experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Lab Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 6.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.